WHY DO YOU NEED A PROFESSIONAL WEDDING PLANNER IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS?
Article by Anne-Marie Stephens, Celebrations Ltd. Intern
A wedding is a very special event for everyone involved – it is a day that every bride and groom will remember for the rest of their lives. In Grand Cayman it is essential to have a professional Cayman Islands wedding planner when planning this special day. Wedding planners will help with every aspect of the wedding, leaving you to enjoy your special day, while they handle the logistics. Instead of worrying about photographers and make-up artists being on time, you get to enjoy time with your family and friends while you get ready for your amazing wedding.
While weddings are special events, wedding tasks aren’t always fun; in fact, planning weddings can actually be quite stressful at times. There are so many things to figure out – what style wedding are you having? Where? When? How many guests? What is your color scheme? What is your budget? Flowers? Centerpieces? Cake? There are so many decisions, and yet never enough time. Make no mistake – planning a wedding is a full time job! It is even more important for people that do not live in the Cayman Islands to hire a Caribbean wedding planner to plan your destination wedding to ensure you are working with top notch and reliable vendors. After all, you’ve got one shot to make it perfect!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering why you need a professional wedding planner:
- Most people are simply too busy – between working full-time, studying, and family obligations, not many people have the time that it takes to dedicate to planning their own wedding.
- Wedding planners have the contacts and the resources to get things done quickly and efficiently – vendors, musicians, designers, lighting, seating, caterers…
- Having someone else planning your wedding, allows you to enjoy your wedding – rather than stress about the DJ, Minister, or make-up artist.
- They allow you to have a life outside of planning your wedding – while your wedding is very important, you still have your daily obligations to take care of.
- They make sure you stick to your timeline, and enjoy every moment of it.
- Since you can’t repeat this day, having a pro on hand to help is priceless.
Before the wedding, your professional wedding planner will:
- Bring your vision to life
- Help you make crucial decisions
- Take care of all of the details – big and small: from flowers to locations for the ceremony and reception
- Help you to determine which vendors to use, and also negotiate with them on your behalf
- Allow you to focus on the fun aspects of your wedding, while they take care of everything else
- Keep you on track – they will help you stick to your timeline, and your budget!
At the wedding, your professional wedding planner will:
- Make sure that your wedding goes as scheduled
- Ensure that your vendors have done their jobs, and are on time
- Make sure that all of your guests are taken care of
- Be the go to person at the wedding, so that you don’t have to answer every question
After the wedding, your professional wedding planner will:
- Be in charge of making sure that everything is packed up at the end of the night.
- Help with arranging thank you notes for your guests.
Most people that choose not hire a wedding planner usually do so because they think that they will be saving money if they plan their own wedding. It can actually cost less to hire a wedding planner because they have the contacts and are able to get discounted rates from their list of vendors. They also help save money by helping to avoid costly mistakes. Just as you would not take your child to the auto shop for a medical check up, you have to find the right professional to plan your wedding – you deserve for everything to be perfect on your big day. Remember, not all event planners are able to successfully plan a wedding – it is very important to find the right planner for your event. It is also important that you consider hiring a planner from a full-service event planning company. If you have a planner that needs to go out and find designers, or florists, and people to make everything, it can cost more than a company that has all of these services taken care of in-house.
Celebrations Ltd. is a full-service planning company; we have an amazing staff of luxury wedding planners and designers that can make your dreams a reality – and all in-house!