CAYMAN RANKS FAVORITE AMONG COUPLES AROUND THE WORLD CHOOSING TO TIE THE KNOT IN PARADISE
Beach ceremonies are hugely popular although there are a number of other romantic spots in which to say “I do.”
With stunning tropical backdrops, shimmering aquamarine waters and a sun-kissed climate, Cayman is the perfect place to get married in paradise.
Whether it’s just the two of you taking your vows on the sand, or you’re planning a large, glittering occasion, Cayman can cater for it all.
You could even get hitched underwater if you are one of the many diving enthusiasts who visit these shores every year.
Seven Mile Beach and Smith Cove are both popular spots for ceremonies or you could tie the knot on the lawns of historic Pedro St. James or beautiful Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park.
Cayman’s hotels cater for everything from the cake to the honeymoon, while spas offer special bridal packages. There are also independent wedding planners who can arrange everything in advance.
Locally based service providers are well experienced in producing first-class weddings in locations around the islands. These vary to suit all tastes, from simple, intimate weddings on the beach at sundown to glamorous affairs at top resorts hosting hundreds of guests.
Destination weddings are often less expensive than getting married at home, with the added advantage that everyone enjoys an exotic holiday.
Cruise ship passengers can also marry on their brief stopover, while many couples also choose to renew their vows in Cayman.
Little Cayman and Cayman Brac both have romantic spots for weddings and are only a short flight from Grand Cayman.
So whether you plan to pledge your love for the first time, renew your vows or spend your honeymoon in the Caribbean, Cayman is the perfect destination.
TOP WEDDING LOCATIONS IN GRAND CAYMAN
- Seven Mile Beach
- Smith Cove
- Pedro St. James
- Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park
- Cruise boat in North Sound
Cayman is not only a fabulous wedding and honeymoon destination, but it is also a great place to purchase engagement, wedding and eternity rings. High-end jewelry stores have a huge array on offer, which can be customized and sized to fit. The prices are often considerably lower than stores in the U.S. and the U.K.
BEFORE THE BIG DAY
- Bride and groom must both have been in the Cayman Islands for at least one working day prior to the wedding.
- The minimum age of legal marriage in the Cayman Islands is 16. However, anyone younger than 18 requires the consent of parents or guardian.
- Both parties need valid passports or certified copies of birth certificates along with photo identification.
- If either party has been married before they must present copies of the death certificate or divorce decree, plus a notarized translation if the document is not in English.
- Both parties are required to have a Cayman Islands international embarkation/disembarkation card or ship’s boarding pass.
- Weddings must be attended by a marriage officer and two other witnesses.
- Couples must purchase a marriage license from the Deputy Chief Secretary’s office in Grand Cayman or the District Commissioner’s office in Cayman Brac.
- Marriages are required to take place between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Reblogged from Key to Cayman