Having an outdoor ceremony presents a unique opportunity for couples to get a little creative with the seating. Depending on your venue and the number of guests you’re working with, breaking away from traditional seating can be the perfect way to bring a little extra style and personality to the ceremony decor. Get inspired with these ten unique ceremony seating ideas.
1. Benches: Add a decorative touch (and extra comfort!) with some throw pillows that match your wedding style and color scheme.
2. Ottomans: We love the look and “homey” feel of accent tables placed between pairs of cushioned ottomans.
3. Floor Cushions: If you’re working with a soft ground like a beach or grassy field, consider placing floor cushions on top of picnic blankets for a relaxed vibe.
4. Upholstered Furniture: Mix chairs and sofas of different shapes and styles, upholstered in fabrics of various colors and textures, for a vintage-glam look.
5. Lounge Furniture: Keep guests comfortable with plush lounge sofas a la this seaside ceremony!
6. Circular Arrangement: Say your vows surrounded (literally!) by friends and family with an intimate circular layout.
7. Spiral Arrangement: Create a long, winding aisle with this dramatic, stunning seating style!
8. Poufs: Give your ceremony decor a modern edge by swapping out chairs for sleek cube ottoman poufs.
9. Hay Bales: Bales of hay covered with pretty blankets or colorful quilts give rustic weddings a nice, festive touch!
10. Mix and Match: Pair long benches with an eclectic mix of chairs for a fun, unique look!